Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2019

Wide open spaces

- Texas Winter -
The photo is of a typical winter landscape here in Fisher County. The area is north of my house, where the rolling plains become more hilly and craggy, intermittently broken up by cotton or wheat fields. This eventually leads to the Rough Creek area.

I want to know the name of the little bluff off to the left in this picture, but I can't believe how difficult it is to find the names of geological places in Fisher County. This is another time when I think Google is broken (I say this knowing the problem is my incapability to ask the right question). It just wants to sell me real estate.

Speaking of real estate, on the Ekdahl Real Estate site, there's a listing for Impossible Canyon Ranch, just west of Longhorn Valley. The sales video gives a nice representation of the topography of our area. I like the set up of three separate cabins and one common kitchen on the property. One house for me and each of my kids, how convenient. Now I just need to scrape up the 1.5 million for the purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.