Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2019

Two Rileys don't make a wrong

- Riley Sawyers -

- Riley Dodd -
While tramping around the Sweetwater Rattlesnake Round Up this year, I ran across Miss Snake Charmer, Riley Dodd, and Rattlesnake Republic star and local JayCee, Riley Sawyers. Both were gracious enough to let me snap a photo while they were having a good and busy time.

This year I tried something different, instead of going on Saturday or Sunday, I went Friday afternoon. It made all the difference, as I was able to go through each venue without being jostled by a thick crowd. The Gun & Coin Show, the main event staged in the coliseum proper, and the flea market in the old stock barn were so much more enjoyable. I could actually look at things. It never occurred to me to go on Friday, because for decades attendance was planned around work and school schedules, and I didn't think to change the time once life wasn't bound by those rules.

I know there are many other events that are going on throughout the weekend of the Round Up, but for just toddling through, Friday is the prime time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.