Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Drilling permits double from April to May

- Flare on Emilys -
That means there were two for the month. See how easy it is to misconstrue the truth? Oh, don't mind me, I've got a shed full of old axes to grind.

It seems to me that since the news got our attention with the virus, they're eager to tell us what to do and what to think.

Also, what's with all the pandering to donate here and there? We're broke, non-profits! Quit asking us for a handout, we can barely take care of ourselves! Whoops, sorry, now I'm telling people what to do.

It seems like the panic has also caused correct spelling to go out the window. I know I'm a mess on this here blog, although I try to be consistent with capitalization and tenses, but I'm aware I'm all over the place. Here's the thing: I don't get paid to do this and I don't influence thousands of people. It's very disappointing to start in on an article of interest and find misspellings. I lose confidence in the source and quit reading.

When I worked at the Sweetwater Reporter, we all used to read each other's articles and make corrections or tell a writer when something was awkwardly written. Then the paste up people would put their two cents in. Each article went through many readings before it went to print.

At the Snyder Daily News, the articles were printed out and put in an area where everyone would walk by and read them, then mark them up with red pencils. The writer would then apply the corrections to their article before submission. Again, everything was scanned and scrutinized by many eyes.

Okay, now I sound like the used-to-be who thinks things were perfect a long time ago. If you knew how inept I was at my job now, and running my life in general, you would have quit reading a long time ago.

Anyway, click on the permits tab at the top of the page to see the ones that were approved for May. Both are vertical wells.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.