Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2020

Rolling down memory lane

- Templeton pic picks -
I went into the vault of family paraphernalia today, looking for a scrap of paper that had the handwritten word "Quarantine" on it to use for my picture today. I remember asking Dad about it and he told me it was from when he had measles, probably during the 1940's.

I combed through everything, but I couldn't find that paper. It took hours to go through the farm records, letters, photos, documents, and decorations. I can now say that it is all sorted and in order. I've had all this stuff for so long that I can't remember when I didn't have it, and every time I've wanted to find something, I've had to go through it all. My dad's graduation cards were mixed in with sympathy cards from my grandpa's funeral, papers went back and forth from 1918 to 1974, with a mass of photos mixed throughout. It was a hot mess.

The photos I chose to showcase are, starting upper left, going clockwise: my grandma, Ollie Daisy Patrick, at the time; unknown ladies in hats; my cousin Jimmy Don Stapleton, being sassy in his cowboy boots; and unknown girls in rubber boots.

Every once in a while I think about scanning all the photos onto a website for the family, but I think I'm doing pretty good just to sort them into a box by themselves. We'll put a pin in that scanning idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.