Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Angry birds

A few days ago, I noticed a mockingbird on the clothesline, and it wouldn't let one of the cats get across the yard without dive-bombing it's head. I could hear a clonk whenever the bird's beak made contact with cat skull.

I figured it had to do with a wing I found in the yard, clearly that of a mockingbird. I thought the cat had killed the mad bird's mate.

This morning there were two mockingbirds at it, taking on two or three cats. So I'm thinking there's a nest nearby, or these birds have just decided they want this property.

They're getting a little cocky, running around on the ground pecking at bugs like they own the place. They need to remember mockingbirds don't have claws and teeth, or they won't be long for this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.