Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2007

We Won! We Won!

Porter Wedding Party
We won the lottery! We don't know what to spend the money on first, but we're going to stretch that five dollars as far as we can. Happy April Fools!

I talked to one of my readers last night, Tonya Jones, at Michael Porter's wedding party that I crashed to take pictures of the band, Lawless Flatz. She and her husband, Wayne, are visiting from Brenham, TX.

Well, I have been accusing people in my household of stealing my newspapers and I have finally caught the culprit. It's me! I thought I was putting them in a safe place, but apparently everytime I see my pile of "to be written" papers, I think it is trash and throw it in the burn pile.

Here is an update for the Rotan Advance / Roby Star from two papers that I saved from myself:

March 22, 2007:

  • Filing for Local Elections Closes, County to Hold Amendment Election May 12th
  • Rotan Baseball Sign Up Mar. 20 - 23
  • Masonic Lodge Holds Luncheon for High School Scholarship Proceeds
  • Photo and Caption of Windmills in Scurry County
  • Houston Livestock Show Results (photos)
  • Benefit Dinner for Bimbo Caswell March 31 (today!) Noon at Roby Community Center, Proceeds to be Used for Eye Injury Expenses
  • Rotan Raises Fees for Impounded Dogs
  • Roby CISD UIL Winners (photos)
  • Wildflower Hotline Available 800-452-9292
  • First National Bank of Rotan Offering Debit Cards
  • The Newspaper Office has New Spring Items 325-735-2562
  • Exchange Student Families Needed 866-634-3977
  • Obituary for Dwight Lee Lovett
  • Joy Walker's Round-Up, Attends Laci Martin & Cory Huggins Wedding Shower
  • Recipe Corner: Japanese Pie
  • Spring Sports, Articles & Photos, Track - Baseball - Golf - Tennis
  • First United Methodist Church Conclusion of History Articles, List of Pastors

March 15, 2007:

  • Local Races Draw Candidates for May 12th Election
  • Gov. Perry Orders Special Election for Property Tax Relief for Elderly and Disabled
  • Jeff Byrd Noticed for 10 Years at Highway Dept.
  • Firemen to Add Jaws of Life and Air Lifting Bag System to Equipment (photos)
  • Roby One-Act Play March 19th
  • Water Complaint for Roby Investigated, Chlorine Level Questioned
  • Burn Ban Lifted
  • Dowell School Photo from 1945 or 1946
  • Letter to the Editor from Rory Burroughs
  • Roby City Council Minutes, Reminder to Call In Controlled Burns
  • Rotan Annual Consignment Auction Mar. 17th, Large Turnout
  • Texas Brigades Deadline April 1st
  • Tumbleweed Smith, The Adventures of a Red Hatter
  • Obituaries for Bonnie Agnes (Whisenant Taggart) Parker, Harold Ross Joplin, Nora Lynn (Goode) Long
  • Fisher County Historical Commission Minutes, Group Attended Sagerton Hee Haw Show Mar. 30th
  • Roby CISD Honor Roll
  • Commissioners Court Minutes, Wind Consortium Membership Approved
  • Recipe Corner: Winona Jarnagins' Cinnamon Biscuit Cake
  • Birth Announcement for Calie Nicole Hernandez (photo)
  • Big County Hospice Looking for Volunteers 325-793-5450
  • Baseball & Track Schedules for 2007 Season, Articles & Photos
  • History of First United Methodist Church Series Article
  • Pvt. Luis Romero, Jr. Completes Phase I Training, Army

I would like to mention that we ended up getting 5.20 inches of rain during March. This should be a good garden season if you've already got it all in the ground.

The photo I've posted today is of Mr. and Mrs. Michael Porter's wedding party last night. Click here to see more photos from the celebration.

Have a beautiful day, no foolin'!

3 comments:

  1. I just won the Lottery also. WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Winter is over and I'm coming out of hibernation. Hope you have all been well.

    See Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you! You website looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Mr & Mrs. Porter!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be moderated.