Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2007

Smart Scissortail Not Sighted

Downy Paintbrush
I had been wondering about the notorious, but yet unseen, scissortail today, then my husband came home and told me to expect snow this weekend. I'll keep that little bird in mind next year when I'm looking for the signs of spring. We went and cut wood for the stove and it seemed a bit ironic to search for the cut pieces among the wildflowers and tall grass that are growing in the pasture. It was a different kind of Easter hunt.

I have been trying not to bore all of you with my passion for wildflowers this season, because I tend to go overboard. I find myself taking pictures of the same flowers year after year, filling up disks with repeats. But I had to stop and back up to snap the photo of this beauty I've posted. Thanks to the Wild About Texas Wildflowers website, I've identified it as downy paintbrush. I don't remember seeing one of these before. I spotted it on FM 611, just south of the cemetery.

I'd like to mention that my friend Michael Paul has redesigned his site, Daosu. Be sure to pop over and take a look.

So, throw another dog on the bed and have a happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.