Pages

Monday, June 29, 2020

Force Majeure, anybody?

- Dusty sunrise -
Okay, remember the letter I got a few weeks ago? Well, today I got another one, from my landman, notifying me that they are claiming a force majeure extension of my current lease, without pay, due to current events (aka Act of God; circumstances beyond our control,etc.).

What I found interesting was that it was not all the property, as was mentioned in the previous letter. The parameters of the producers interest has become more clear to me by their expression of exactly where they want to implement the force majeure clause. I think I came out with a better deal by them doing it this way.

I've gotta say, if I never hear the words "in these trying times",  "the new normal" or yet another explanation of how many feet I am supposed to stand from other people, it will be too soon.  No one is blaming anything on Mexico or the bossa nova, anymore. The COVID is taking all the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.