Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2018

We all fell in the pit

- West of Camp Springs -
Hopefully not! The title of this post is just an allusion to a sitcom I like, Parks and Rec.

Anyway, the purpose for the activity that was mentioned last post has come to light. It's a huge water pit being dug for forthcoming oilfield activity. A water well was drilled on this piece of land back in January, according to a well report on the Texas Water Development Board website.

Other interesting information from the TWDB site is that Fisher County is in the Clear Fork Groundwater Conservation District, atop the Seymour major aquifer, and Blaine and Dockum minor aquifers. I'm not sure how well I deciphered this, because I clicked on a random well on a map on the site, which just happened to come up as a well of one of my relatives, Floyd Weems, and it says his well was drilled in the Whitehorse Aquifer, while other information points to the Whitehorse being in the San Angelo area.

According to the Well Owners Guide to Water Supply, published by Texas A & M, we are considered the North-Central Plains.

This is one of those times when the amount of information is too much for my mind to hold. Go on, just do a search for Texas aquifers and prepare to be overwhelmed.

More digging and dozing is going on at a new spot just west of the Camp Springs Cemetery, in Scurry County. This is directly across from the Houston 76 Unit, a horizontal well. There was a patch of dead vegetation where they are digging. I guess I'll watch and listen and do some digging myself, and I'll report back here when I figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.