Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Things To Do

There have been times when it seems like there's too much to do, every minute of the day taken up with working, errands, driving, cooking, then falling into bed whipped. That's not how it's been, lately. I miss it.

I have a job, but it only takes up about thirty days a year, and I've put my housekeeping business (You didn't know? Well.) to the side with the intention of trying to make writing my primary interest. I've been spending time at another location that requires no more than payment of rent and bills to maintain. No wood-cutting, chicken-feeding or cellar-cleaning. I have only to push a button and heating or cooling fills the house. I have hours and hours for introspection and modeling literary ideas. And I am bored to the ever-lovin' bone.

I like the rituals of life, the doing and figuring, struggling and piddling. The self-crafted schedule that I used to impose on myself may have seemed laughable under scrutiny, but it was important to keep balance in my world.

Then, again, I always be-cry anything that I've lost. Even my first marriage, and that was really bad. I wept because I missed him taking out the trash. Little things really do mean a lot.

Oh, I'm still in the country as much as the other place, and the changes that seem new now will become part of my routine, to be missed when changes come again. I think the important thing is to be willing to mix it up on a constant basis, lest the waters become stagnant. Also, it would be nice to break through with a fab story idea. Yes, I want it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.