Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Song Remains the Same, Sometimes

Blooming Algerita
This year, as the cyclical events of nature have ocurred, I've been remiss in mentioning them, because, you know, the same thing happens over and over again. Most of you are able to look out a window and see if the buzzards are here or gone, whether or not the Bermuda grass is growing, and you certainly know when to plant onions.

Except last year. February 2011, I blithely commented in an e-mail to my friend, Joe, that I didn't care if it EVER rained again because spring storms are so frightening. And then it didn't. Rain.

Yes, I have that power. If you have a wish, simply send me an email telling me what it is, then I will email it back to you in comment form. I will be sending it from my cellar office, because I will not be wishing for no rain this year.




2 comments:

  1. There's nothing better than algerita berries, but, oh, those sharp little leaves! Watch out for rattlesnakes, too, because they often hang out under algerita bushes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice! I should put making algerita jelly on my New Year's resolution list, because it's one of those things that I'm very wishful for but never gets done. It looks like it could be a bumper crop year.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be moderated.