Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

I Won't Miss You

Teel House
It was very surprising last Thursday to find that between the time I went to work that morning and drove back home that evening the old Teel house at the corner of FM 419 & FM 611 had been demolished.

I even hit the brakes as I went around the corner, and then came to a full stop in the road. I thought "Wow", then "I like it". That old eyesore has been there my entire life, and it has been a very long time since any Teels lived there. It was a relief to see it scraped up into a pile.

The razing was done for the placement of a high voltage line that Lone Star Transmission LLC is installing. This part of the project reaches across Scurry, Fisher, Jones and Shackelford counties and covers 1,467 acres. The overall line will run about 300-miles, through many counties.

I would give a website for information, but Googling will deliver an abundance of results. I found it somewhat interesting to see many names that I recognize associated with the process of the initial development of this project.

Lone Star and Oncor were used as key search words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.