Pages

Monday, April 3, 2006

Spring Signs


We've spotted a buzzard, a scissortail and budding mesquites in the past few weeks, so we can be pretty sure that Spring is here. Some folks are worrying about drought, but my sources say that the cattle are indicating good times ahead, which, for this area, equals to rain.

There's a building in Rotan that I think is interesting and I finally snapped a photo of it today. It's around the east corner from the Lance Theatre. I believe it's at the back of the building that used to be the bank, but I sometimes get these things confused. If anyone out there knows which building this is, give me a holler.

3 comments:

  1. I finally found your email and your site. I'm about to go to bed but will be back tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are worring about drought in your area and we have over 150% our normal rainfall already this year.

    I do remember the dust storms on that stretch of road to Lubbock.

    I'll be linking to your site from the Daosu page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we are always worrying about rain out here and many vehicles have Pray for Rain! bumper stickers on them. We do live on the outskirts of the desert, though, so it's kind of like banging your head against the wall to worry about lack of rainfall.

    Maybe you could mail us some rain!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be moderated.