Pages

Monday, September 2, 2019

Watch out, I have an opinion

Anytime I've ever started a new job, I've had to be trained, even if it was in a field I went to school for or had previously worked in. Everything is different at each place; people, procedures, size, to name a few.

So, when a bureaucrat comes in and makes sweeping, over-generalized announcements about how they're going to make big changes, all I can do is groan. I live through these "changes" daily. I work in a bureaucratic environment, and big-butted people wearing knock-off Chanel suits are always coming up with new systems and rules that are so out of touch with day-to-day business that it should be a dang crime. The big butts and suits are just what I imagine. They may be wearing t-shirts and shorts. Being out of touch is reciprocal, I guess, but at least my ideas don't affect the way someone is trying to do a job.

Bernie Sanders has made a manifesto, I mean, a Green New Deal, and is talking about how he's going to change many, many large, ambling, prehistoric bureaus that have many moving parts, but there's no possible way he can know how these places operate, none of the minutiae that keep them functioning. It would be equal to me announcing that I was going to take over all the Dollar Store chains and claim that I was going to maximize profits and streamline retail service. It would be ridiculous.

What's really got me going is the part that reads "end all new federal fossil fuel infrastructure permits", a little over half-way down the page on his website. I'm this close (see my fingers pinched to a micro-measure) to finally getting a well and ol' Bernie's trying to shut me down.

I don't know how much pull he really has, or if this is just a way to get attention. I guess anyone can write up their ideas and post them, but he has much more of a presence than little people like me. Do ya'll want to hear my idea about a burrito stand?

Anyway, see what Railroad Commission Chairman Wayne Christian has to say about it on the RRC website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.