Pages

Friday, November 9, 2018

Noises in the night

- Tigger? -
The other night, I could hear a pervasive, but almost imperceptive, rumble. I had a stopped up ear, so I couldn't tell if the sound was inside or outside of my head. After a few hours,with the sense that I could feel the sound as well as hear it, I decided to go find the source. I was thinking that fracking must be going on somewhere in the vicinity. It had already gotten dark, so I tried to follow the lights on the horizon, as the sound seemed to be everywhere.

I could have driven all night, because it was a circumstance of take your pick. There's drilling going on everywhere, but it's not so noticeable during the day. Not in Hobbs proper, but along US 180, south of Camp Springs. I've been driving right by the pictured lease and not noticing it. I drive long distances to everywhere, and I tend to automatic pilot from point A to point B.

The location on the Rail Road Commission map indicates this might be Tigger, but I'm not quite sure how to read the legend on the map. The permitted site is across the road from the well. I don't know the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.