Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2018

Relief from heat

- Well on the hill -
Or so I thought, until I went to mow my yard this afternoon. It's hot and humid and full of mosquitoes out there. There was a mosquito in my truck yesterday, so big I hit it with a stick! I wasn't going to fight hand to hand with that sucker.

They've been back on the hill, working El Capitan 63. It was pretty busy the other day, but now it looks lonely and abandoned. According to the Railroad Commission completion report, it's a shut-in producer. Now y'all go look at all that mess and tell me what it means.

I discovered last week that George Gantt died back in July. I talked to him in April or May and wondered why I hadn't heard back. Boy, that time is flying, ain't it. Another entity gone. Another page in the book of Hobbs dotted with a definite period,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.