Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A termite ate my yard

-  Tiny Towers -
Termite shells on grass blades and weeds have been something that I've noticed a lot the past year. Not to say this has only started happening, it doesn't seem that it has ever been as noticeable as it has been lately. There's a big, huge patch in the yard (as pictured) that is bare, thanks to the little chomping insects. Hopefully the grass will grow back in before winter. If they would only eat the weeds, that would be a good deal.

Thanks to a botched-up Dish TV receiver, I'm thinking about going back to antenna-only service. My three favorite shows, Grey's Anatomy, Parenthood and Nashville, are all on local channels, and I believe I can watch Justified and Portlandia online (In theory, haha! I still haven't worked that out). I've also got a vhs recorder that I could set to record the shows. I could save a little nest egg on satellite tv payments alone. I pay a lot of money just to watch Friends and Everybody Loves Raymond every night.

I saw the flare on the Hench Wild Wings well yesterday morning. Someone had asked me about it and I thought it wouldn't be visible because the site is just over a rise when looking at it from the road directly south of it, but you can see the fire ball plain as day from the hilly spots just east of Camp Springs. You can look up the permit status on this well, and any others, on the Railroad Commission's W1 Search Query page (Thanks for the info, J.R.!). When you find your query, don't miss out on looking at the maps at the bottom of the page. J.R. told me the ones to look for are two (Yes, two!) for the Wild Wings and another for Emma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.