Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Deer and dancing, new cafe hours

The guys have a bunch of cameras down on the lease and I find the photos fascinating. A list of characters emerges after looking at the pictures a few times. There's High Antlers, Broken Antler, Spot the Pig, and a Racoon known as That Little #*$?! because it gets on the feeder reel and sticks it's paw up the hole and pulls out corn.

The entertainment for the Hobbs New Year's Dance will be Greg Maldo from Lubbock. You can check him out on reverbnation and facebook. More information to come.

The cafe is now open Mon - Sat 7 a.m to 8 p.m., and Sunday 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dad and I had breakfast there on Saturday morning and it was SO good: hash browns, eggs, sausage, toast, coffee and orange juice. Make your way to the Hobbs Cafe and the sample the fare if you haven't yet.

There are a lot of rumors about the production on the first Davenport well (yup, a second well is being drilled), but they're too outrageous to repeat. I heard the numbers from more than one person, but no confirmation from a reliable source. I do know for a fact that there is a guard on the front gate, because he came out when I was taking a photo of the lease sign. I jumped in my truck and drove off like Bonnie, but he was only coming out to talk to a truck driver that was leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.