Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Morning moon & the hypocrite

- A Shiny Moon -
The moon was shining brightly over the promised land this morning It was slowly setting on the western horizon around 6:30 a.m. Can't you see George Maule's house directly beneath it? It's somewhere thereabouts.

I crack myself up a lot of the time, this time it was with a dream I had. It started out I heard a ruckus in the front yard and I went out to find there was a drilling rig being put down on the lawn. I told them (the hands, they were really friendly) I hadn't signed a contract, yet, and they told me that now I could get a hefty price for my lease. I woke up feeling pretty good about all that. Me, the complainer, the one who gripes about loud pump jacks and fast dump trucks. I'm telling' ya, it's all a matter of perspective.

2 comments:

  1. What a treat it is to see pictures and read things remembering our Dad, George Maule. He loved our place and it was such a special place with him and Mom there.
    Thanks for the picture of the moon and the memories. Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem at all, Charlotte. I think of something he says or taught me nearly everyday.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be moderated.