Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Frickin' Fracin'

Okay, when I imagined fracing a well, for some reason I thought of one truck with a long, wide hose-type deal running into the casing head. I did not imagine 120 vehicles ranging from SUV's to 18-wheelers, including fast-moving belly-dump transport trucks, overrunning a small site.

Yesterday, I had to drive slowly by the RPQRR  well that was recently drilled because there were vehicles and company men everywhere. I time-warped to 1977 when I saw a hand wearing a red zip-up up jumpsuit with a hard-hat and Andy Griffith boots. Anyway, that was no problem and interesting. The problem was with the belly-dump transport trucks. They were driving very fast, one behind the other, and as I met them face-to-face on the narrow FM road, they kind of wobbled, like they were grabbing the wheel and trying hard to stay in the lane. I passed several trucks on FM 611 that morning and also coming back in the afternoon, and both times I had to hit the ditch to keep from being run over.

The red tanker truck in the photo belongs to Advanced Stimulation Technologies.

I've also noticed vehicles from Red Diamond on site.

The crazy dump trucks appear to be from various sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.