Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Lion didn't sleep last night


You know that old saying, "In like a lion, out like a lamb"? The one that I drag out every year in utter amazement at the changing of the season? Well, it roared last night, lots of lightning and thunder, a little rain. I know we still have some cold days ahead of us, but this is the first switch, and once the storms start coming, you can be sure spring is on it's way. This yellow daffodil that Jess photographed in the yard told us it was true.

My favorite event of the year, the Rattlesnake Round Up, will be happening March 11-15, but I also want to let you know about the Sweetwater Music Festival, which will be going on March 23-27. For more information you can contact the SMF Event Coordinator at (325) 725-1160 or sign on to Facebook and look at the Hobbs Holler profile to find the SMF link. Venues will be Java Jax, Sweetwater Municipal Auditorium and the Sweetwater Texas Theatre.

I never did find out what went on at the Hobbs school a couple of weeks ago. The sheriff's report just said call for deputy.

The USDA has awarded the Fisher County Hospital District funding to install a GESPER unit and to fix up the Dietary Dept. If you don't know what a GESPER is, just click on the link and learn all about it.

I'm making it short this week, I just noticed the clothes hamper is regurgitating clothes, so I better get on it. Enjoy this sunny day and catch you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.