Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

In the lane, the snow is glistening


See, here we are in Hobbs, the day after the big snow and the charming cottages and chalets were shining in the morning sun...oh, okay, it's Norway, not Hobbs, Texas or even the U.S. We have no darling pathway, except where a cow might roam. This photo was sent to us by our Nordic friend Joe Duncan. He says they're having a record winter with temps sitting at 0. I'm still jealous of Joe because he has a fjord and they seem to have a fantastical existence over there in Lillesand. Perhaps it's the grass is greener effect, but I always need a place to dream of going to. The last place I fantasized about was North Carolina. Go figure.

It seems that we are having our very own cold winter this season. We are re-establishing our relationship with Gray Fuel and have become very close. I can feel the propane burning. We're having to use the gas heater in tandem with the fireplace. Now that's cold, folks.

If you've ever wondered what YouTube is, but never knew what to look for, get a start by perusing Ricky Niell's videos. Then from there you can look at his friends and followers, or just search for what you want to see. Put in Fisher County, Roby, anything you can think of. It's really entertaining.

I'm going to close now because I keep having to run back and forth between the computer and the heater, and with the temp hanging in the 20's, the heater is winning. I hope the New Year will be good to you all. I've learned a lot in 2009, not all of which I can appreciate but which will, in the long run, increase my wisdom. Unless I forget, and that's always possible. Happy NY and Happy Birthday to my dad tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention Leslie! It's going to get cold here for the next two days in big old Corsicana Texas.

    I just got off the phone with the Methodist preacher in Roby, Bill Fitzgerald for some computer support issues. I mentioned the only good place I have to get some good news about the Fisher county area was your blog.

    Small world huh?

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be moderated.