Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Town hall meeting tonight, 6:30 p.m.

PUBLIC HEARING REGARDING CURFEW ORDINANCE FOR THE CITY OF ROTAN TO BE HELD TONIGHT, JULY 8, 6:30 P.M. AT ROTAN CITY HALL

Hey, ya'll! Been a while, hadn't it? Hope your holiday was good.

I saw this pretty little fella(or gal) on the floor the other day and I just had to take a picture of him(her). I love the designs that are on the crunchy critters I find around our place. I think that designers and artists have been getting their creative ideas from bugs since the beginning of time. Probably some engineers, too. Check out more at A&M's entomology page and at Tom Murray's Beetle Gallery. Just lovely!

I've been trying to pick up the pace on my home menu by using recipes from the Old Farmer's Almanac. I like it because I can search by keyword, in other words, I can look in my freezer and use the name of whatever I have in there to find a recipe. I really, really like it because I can find a recipe with ingredients that I already stock and recognize. I made braised pork chops yesterday and they came out pretty good, if I do say so myself.

Okay, here's the rundown for the July 3, 2008 Rotan Advance / Roby Star Record issue:
  • Lion Buckner named Vice-District Governor (photo)
  • 30-year employee retires from Big Country Electric Co-op
  • Sano Upshaw retirement reception held June 30 (photo)
  • Rotan FFA Officers attend camp (photo)
  • Obituary for Thomas Rodriguez Yanez
  • Rotan ISD Board hires teachers, new athletic director
  • Roby students attend health camp (photos)
  • Sheriff's report
  • Engagements announced for Sara Ramos & Josh Yearwood, Rusty Goodwin & Keri Robertson (photos)
  • Birth announcement for Miller Sims Cave
  • Tumbleweed Smith: Adventures in Oakland, California
  • Joanna Lee of Rotan named to Dean's List
Have a good week, hopefully some raindrops will fall today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.