Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Hay! Happy Father's Day!


Okay, that's corny, but I've been looking for an opportunity to use this photo of the hay-stuffed house on Scott's Corner. It makes me feel full when I look at it.

I have a bookmark folder with Story Ideas written on it, and it's just full of sites that I come across that I think are interesting, so I'm going to share some of these with you before I get to the paper review.
  • At USA.gov, you can check to see if the government owes you money.

  • TexAgs, is a forum about strange West Texas connections with references to Fisher County.

  • USGS has information about Texas earthquakes.

  • A Hog Fest Biker Rally will be held in October at the old rodeo grounds west of Rotan, and this site has the 411 on that.
I could really just go on and on, but then I would need to have another website just for my favorite links and I believe someone has already created a site for sites, so we'll move to another subject, now.

Here is the synopsis for The Rotan Advance / Roby Star Record June 12, 2008 issue:
  • Storm rages through Rotan area (I didn't mention that before, did I, see you really need to subscribe to the paper to get all the info!) (photos)
  • Roby CISD Board hires Amy Huseman and Nick Dickson
  • Rotan resident Rachel M. Martinez, 24, killed in one car accident (photo)
  • Frank Cockrell Association hangs murals (photos)
  • New Directions to perform at FBC tonight
  • Josh Love skateboarding at Summer Youth Program June 17 & 19
  • Obituary for Mary Ella Wright Brown
  • Letters to the Editor: Justin Moffet complains about grassy ditches; response from Mary Mahaffey regarding school on Memorial Day letter from last week
  • USDA deadline for Livestock Disaster Program
  • YHQ artistic students (art examples)
  • Summer Youth Program report
  • Tumbleweed Smith: Running 100 Miles Uphill
  • Fisher County Sheriff's Report
  • HOBBS High School "Brighter Baby Baskets" Service Learning Project (photos)
  • Joy Walker's Fisher County Roundup
  • FCAA meeting minutes(photo)
  • Commissioners Court hires Riley Barnett as Fisher County Ag agent
  • Progressive Agriculture Safety Day July 1
  • Birth announcement for Cole Aiden Barr (photo)
  • Fisher County Historical Commission meeting minutes
  • Jared Welch graduates from China Spring High School
  • Recipe Corner: Tasty Tuna Pasta
  • Rotan Elementary honor rolls
I hope you all enjoy Father's Day and the chances for rain we have through Wednesday. Good thoughts to all of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.