Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Graveyard Excursions


I've found a new hobby that I can see is going to be addicting and also costly. Perfect!

I've been logging into Find a Grave and contributing photos and memorials. And you (or, rather, I) thought that it would be fairly easy to find graves and take photos and bring happiness to the world, but after two hours of looking for my own grandparents graves in the Snyder Cemetery, and, mind you, I had been there before, I decided it might be a little more challenging than I anticipated.

This morning, just as the sun was coming up, I went to take a photo of the Grady Cemetery up by Rough Creek. This is an off the beaten path, farm to market road that eventually turns into dirt. Let me tell you, right at 7 a.m. it became Grand Central Station. Well, there were at least 5 cars, and around here that's busy.

I think I'm fixing to try to find Cottonwood Cemetery. There is a request for a photo there and it would be a nice excursion off into the rough. It just seems like anytime I've ever found it has been by accident, and then I accidentally find my way home from there. I also hear it is haunted. I looked closely at the map, though, and hopefully that will help. If nothing else, I can throw bread crumbs out the window on the way there. Think that will work?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.