Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Another Fall Festival, FCAA Meeting Monday


We attended Roby's Fall Festival and Haunted House last night. There was a large turnout. I was surprised that the biggest hit at the carnival was where you paid one ticket to go to jail (actually, just a cage, pictured to the right). The kids loved it and could hardly wait to get locked up. Hopefully, this is something that won't continue over into adulthood.

Before going through the haunted house, we analyzed how scary it could be. Surely we could not be traumatized or have bad dreams. Boy, were we wrong! Right after the gruesome guide shut the door and said "There's no turning back, now", we screamed until we stumbled out the back door. It was only me and my daughter, just in case you know my husband and son. I don't want you to think they were squealing like girly-girls. But Jess and I gave it all we had. We were thinking about going to the haunted house in Snyder next Wednesday, but we've decided we prefer the nicer side of Halloween, like neat costumes and cake and candy.

I've been working hard (kind of) to chart the Hobbs Cemetery, but I found this informative site called Find a Grave, where you can look up cemetery information. I noticed that it names Grady Cemetery, but doesn't have any of the interred listed. The site has a down-loadable document that you can use to add people to a graveyard, and also there are requests for photos. I like the cumulative information format. You know, everyone pitching in to make the picture whole.

I'm trying to find a good Halloween cake recipe to make a cake for the party that Jess's piano teacher, Ms. B, is throwing next Wednesday night. Some places I've looked is the Hershey's Kitchens, Martha Stewart, and Better Homes & Gardens. I haven't found exactly what I want yet, but I had fun looking at the sites.

Oh, and if you want to have your child take piano or guitar lessons, you can e-mail Ms. B for specifics. I think she also teaches cello and some other instruments, but you would have to ask her. That's in Sweetwater. She is a talented teacher.

I also wanted to let everyone know that the Frank Cockrell Art Association will be holding a meeting October 29, 6 p.m. at Larry Williamson's office, just south of the courthouse in Roby. Ricky Niell will be doing a Terragen demonstration and a Microsoft Picture It! image editing demonstration. You do not have to be a member to attend.

That's all, and more than enough, for one session. Enjoy the last week of October!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.