Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2024

A little news and a bunch of bugs

- Night flight bugs -
There was a pretty good rain around Hobbs yesterday, a little over an inch, but rain doesn't come without consequence around here. This time it was thousands and thousands of bugs. They looked like termites with wings and they all wanted in my house. I put in earplugs to keep them out of my ears, and got out the vacuum. The only good thing I can say about them is that they didn't bite or sting.

You can follow the progress of the new hardware store on facebook. Fisher Ace Hardware & Farm Supply in Rotan has a page with a lot of interesting photos and videos. They documented pouring the store foundation, reporting that it took 27 trucks to get the job done.

The land deal has gone through for the Dollar General store in Rotan. Expect to see groundwork being laid on the southern edge of town. Dollar General in Roby is in construction now.

Stoney LaRue will be playing at the Taylor County Coliseum Friday, September 5, during the West Texas Fair and Rodeo in Abilene. Table, floor and balcony seats are available. Performance begins at 9 p.m.

Taylor Sheridan's Yellowstone is coming back November 10, and Tulsa King will return September 15. I swore I would never watch another Sheridan production until he showed us the last episodes of season five of Yellowstone, but Tulsa King is coming on first, so I will be breaking my vow. The shows will air on Paramount Network and Paramount+.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.