Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

New selling platform for Texas Unclaimed Property

- Tx Comptroller ad -

I received a flyer in the mail announcing that Texas Unclaimed Property will now be sold on GovDeals. The Texas Comptroller has been using ebay for years to auction off unclaimed deposit box items. I have them on my ebay sellers list, and I've been wondering why they haven't had anything for sale in a while. They have some weird feedback on ebay, where the buyer says good things, but marks it as negative. Maybe the comptroller got fed up with the head games.

The GovDeals set up isn't as pretty and easy to use as ebay, and there's a buyer's premium of 9.5%. They're shipping using FedEx and won't ship to post office boxes, something I've never understood (the P.O. box thing, I mean). You can pay using PayPal, I like that. I guess the thing to do is to make an account, bid on something, and see how it goes. ebay isn't the be-all, end-all, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.