Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

March 2020 drilling permits

Fisher County permits for March have been posted and can be seen by clicking on the tab above.

I don't think I have to tell you, the pickin's were slim. There are five listings, but Mason 1938 Unit 1H, near US 180 in the western part of the county, was listed twice this month (as well as back in December 2019), and ATE117, in the eastern part of the county between Rotan and Hamlin, looks like a sacrificial drill to maintain another well. So that leaves Carter, B.F. 12, out in Eskota, and Ashley 1H, out here by Hobbs.

I haven't been to see the other wells, but I can tell you Ashley is at a standstill. It was hot and heavy there at the beginning of the month, but once the pad was built, all activity ceased. This was right about when oil prices took a nosedive. There's a real pretty lease with full water pits just waiting for things to change.

Prices have come up a little bit this week, hovering right around $26 a barrel. I'm a little sad about Ashley, because I have a stake in her. It's like that time I won the lottery, but it was only $1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.