Pages

Monday, December 2, 2019

Sheriff’s sale tomorrow in Roby

Two pieces of real estate will be up for auction tomorrow at the north door of the Fisher County Courthouse.

The two properties to be auctioned off are a .259 acre portion of a .482 acre lot at 902 East Johnston and a .434 acre lot at 1111 Sammy Baugh. Both are in Rotan.

The auction will be at 1 p.m.


The rest of the story

I waited around the rest of the afternoon, with my eyes on the north door of the courthouse, but no one showed up. I called one of the mortgage companies around 1:30 p.m. to verify the sale, and I was told it was still on. At four I called back and was told it was not a sheriff's sale, but a trustee sale. The lady was right, the notice from the bulletin board at the court house read "Notice of Substitute Trustee's Sale". The date was given as December 3, the time as 1 p.m. or three hours after that, and the place as an area designated by the commissioners court or the north door of the courthouse. I now interpret this as meaning a sale would take place Dec. 3, sometime, at some place. It seems a call ahead of time and a request to speak to the specific sale trustee would be in order if I wish to attend any future sales.

P.S.S. 
I was going through the county files and found a document from mid-November naming a substitute trustee for the property mentioned above. Now I know to check county records for designated trustees for property sale notices. I just laughed and laughed when I realized why a certain name in the records seemed so familiar to me. It was the property owner's name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.