Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

The price of propane, depth restrictions, activities

It's a good time to buy propane. I just ordered 100 gallons from Gray Fuel in Rotan and it's going to cost me $170. I've been jotting down a little note every time I've bought propane since February 2014, and this is the cheapest it's been in all that time. The second cheapest was in October 2016, at $1.75 per gallon. It's opportune for me, as I have to wait until I'm nearly out to order. My tank is is very small and the minimum delivery is 100 gallons.

I was checking out The Mineral Rights Podcast, Episode 30 today and heard mention of something called depth restrictions. My understanding is that one piece of property could be parlayed into many leases if different depths are specified. It's an interesting concept, one that is above my skill level, but something to consider when negotiating a contract. Did I need a lawyer to get leased? Too late, now.

There is something going on up the one-lane road next to my house. Many 18-wheel dump trucks are hauling in base for another road that's being made on a piece of land up that way. I don't see a drilling permit for that area, so I'm waiting to see what it turns into.

This area is blocked from direct access to a major highway, so trucks are having to come down narrow-laned farm-to-market roads and single lane county roads to bring in material and equipment. It's a little alarming for the local traffic to have to contend with the oversize vehicles on these usually quiet back roads. Travelers out this way should be aware and perhaps be ready to pull off the road if it looks like there's not enough room. There's no loss of pride in pulling over and letting the other fellow cross a narrow bridge or get through a place where the edges have been eaten away. It'll give a person the opportunity to gawk without getting ran over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.