Pages

Monday, January 15, 2018

Going slowly into the new year

- Hay, how's it going? -
You know, it seems like everything has slowed to a grinding halt in the last month. I can't get transactions with business or personal accounts to get a move on. Some blame could be put on bureaucracies that refuse to use modern technology to exchange documents, but even the usually super-efficient on-line actions are slow to get through the system. It all needs a new year laxative, if you ask me. Let's get going!

I'm not real clear on what the outside world considers fake news, but a few local articles have me scratching my head and thinking this is pretty close to it.

One was in the monthly electric magazine. It was about a local movie theater and how much work and renovation was being done. I swear, I haven't seen any action around that building in two years, not since prisoners were used to clean it out and fill up a large construction dumpster with debris. The Hogg Maulies even had to do some fancy editing to mock up the marquee, it's in such bad shape. They used the front of the theater on their recent album.

Then, a local paper dedicated nearly the entire top of the fold to the grand opening of a music museum. I thought it sounded pretty exciting, so I headed on over there on the Saturday afternoon cited in the article. When I got there, the doors were locked, a gate pulled across them on the inside. There was a sign laying on the ground by the doors, piled over with leaves. I looked inside and cafeteria tables had been set up and some items laid on them here and there and underneath. It looked very dinky and lame. Not worth using half the front page of the paper to publicize.

If you picked up on the clues of my last two posts, then you know that drilling is beginning out here. There is already a rig set up just to the east, and can be seen from my back yard at night. Another is about to be within a mile of my house. A few of us are a little concerned about noise and traffic. Having my own well would definitely alleviate my complaining.

Bull has supplied us with the entertaining photo used today. He really loves hamming it up on the game cameras, when he's not using them to scratch his back. I have a lot of photos of cow backs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.