Pages

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Screendoors

- Screen Doors outdoors -
Lately, it seems my eye has been drawn, especially, to screen doors on dilapidated houses. It may be because I want some screen doors on my own house, but I think that the screen doors produced today are thinly made and the screen is plastic instead of metal mesh, so I yearn for the screen doors of yesteryear.

Now, is it really screen doors I yearn for, or is it being three years old and slamming out one of those doors, knowing no responsibility and looking forward to the adventure of each new minute?

Truth be told, I haven't looked at a new screen door in a decade or more. They're probably perfectly fine. I feel I may have taken an object from my past and idolized it sentimentally.

I could probably get an old screen door and revitalize it, but I think I might be disappointed, because I won't be able to recapture youth, and the feeling of running out the door barefoot, carrying a dripping ice cream cone, and enjoying that satisfying slap of  the screen hitting the door frame.

There's nobody left to even yell at me about it, anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.