Pages

Monday, January 18, 2016

Local elections, chicken foibles and gas plants

-FM 1614-
Well, it's looking like the Precinct Three Commissioner's Race is going to be interesting with four candidates running. According to the Fisher County Election Page, the Democratic ticket will include incumbent Preston Martin and candidate Santos Flores, with candidates Josh Helms and Bobby Hunt on the Republican docket. If you've read me before, you know that I think the commissioners election is the most important political race in all of politics. I wonder if there'll be any mudslinging?

Winter keeps poking its hoary little head out here and there as it always does this time of year, but I'm already thinking about the garden, which makes me think about the chickens, because they ate all my tomatoes last year, and that reminds me of the trouble I've had with my faucet covers, because the chickens ate those, too. I think I've found a solution, though. I wrapped the styrofoam covers in duct tape and that seems to have puzzled the fowl. I have a love-hate relationship with the chickens and I have to keep coming up with solutions to keep us from fighting.

I don't take in much news, so I'm wondering what they're building out by the gas plant at Clatytonville. It's quite an endeavor, on a very large scale, and my guess would be a new gas plant. It would seem to be about time, the current plant is a bit ancient looking. Google and I will look into that and get back with our results next time (maybe).

UPDATE
A little Google goes a long way! The new structure will be electric, the Wetsel Substation on FM 611 and CR 448. I thought I usually read my Big Country Newsletter, but I guess I skimmed over this article.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.