Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Kelly Spinks next to entertain Hobbs

I went out and took today's photo intending to show that this is still cattle country, not realizing there were windmills in the background (click on photo for larger view). There's no denying we're an energy rich area, but livestock and cotton continue to make up a great part of our economy and landscape.

Kelly Spinks and Miles of Texas will be entertaining crowds at the next Hobbs School dance, set for March 16. I didn't make it to see Jody Nix, but I heard there was about 400 head. I'm pretty sure my absence was not noted, although I can't dance worth a darn, so they may have missed my entertaining antics on the floor.

Horizontal wells have made big news, but the regular drillers seem to be doubly busy. There are rigs all over the place and yesterday I noticed one on Spring Creek, just north of the school. A roughneck once told me they don't have to drill as deep around there.

I don't care much for spring, because of the fearsome weather, but one thing I look forward to is the Sweetwater Rattlesnake Roundup. This year it opens March 8, occurring yearly the second weekend of that month. It's kind of crazy they don't have their own website, but I was able to glean some information from the Eyes on Texas website. Scroll down the page a little and there's a rundown of the itinerary for that week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.