Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Jody Nix and the Texas Cowboys play Hobbs Feb. 22

The date is marked "tentative" on the Jody Nix website, but I heard it directly through the grapevine that the band would be playing at the Hobbs gym next month.

If you go up around the school, you'll see that the grounds are overrun with equipment, rvs and people. An electric company has taken up residence for the next couple of months.

I was driving east of Camp Springs the other day and spotted a beautiful pheasant rooster. The photo doesn't do him justice. It's funny because I was just talking to someone the other day about how long it's been since there was one up by the school, near the McCombs heifer pasture. This dude was cool as a cucumber, just like the other one I saw. He didn't take any notice of me making big u-turns so I could snap his picture. He's probably used to the paparazzi, being so glamorous and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.