Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

I'm Clint Black

I'm killin' time, like ol' Clint sings about, hanging out in Hobbs, waiting for the weather to change.

I came across this photo in my albums, but I know I didn't take it. It was the basis of the mural in downtown Rotan. Probably Ricky Niell sent it to me. Ya got the Double Mountains in the background there and it makes me love it.

I kill a lot of time scouring the internet, and I saw that the Hogg Maulies are scheduled to play at the Rotan Rodeo Pavilion on June 2 for a steak cook-off. This event is listed on Outhouse Tickets and Hogg Maulies facebook. Maybe if we all follow them on twitter, we can figure out if it will really be happening.

The Fifth Annual Hog Fest Bike Rally has been slated for the weekend of September 1. I bet they're hoping for cooler temperatures so the fire truck doesn't have to go around spraying down everybody, although that was pretty fun.

I saw in the newspaper that Big Country Electric will be offering high-speed internet next year. I'm ashamed to say how much I pay for satellite internet, so I am definitely interested in an alternative. I  just hope it reaches this far out and that we aren't forced to bundle services to get it. Right now I pay $9 a month for a Dish receiver that's stuffed under my bed in order to get WildBlue internet through them.

Cooler temperatures have made this day pleasant already, and the likelihood of rain today and tomorrow looks good. I would rather have to mow the lawn than step on dry grass that impales my feet, and we're hoping the Tifton we planted two years ago will finally get a chance to take off. We sure don't want another year of fire.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Leslie, you can't get 3G out there where you live. That would be better than that rip-off satellite service. Just saying when we first moved here into the country, I got a 3G card from a wireless reseller of Sprint. Paid for the 3G USB device so I would not have a contract and I believe it was 10Gb a month for 69 bucks.

    Now we have ATT DSL.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be moderated.