Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Puppy Puppy

I was wondering why Puppy Puppy sounded so familiar to me and I just remembered that I had a dog by that name back in the '80's. It was always barfing in the car so I would ride around with it's head hanging out the window. I eventually gave her to a family who was dead set on her being a male, despite that she was obviously pregnant, and, well, female. After that I would sometimes go by her new home, slip her out of the back yard and take her for a ride. A short one. It was the long drives that made her sick.

Anyway, after a long week of puppy deaths due to a skunk raid, we're left with three fat sausage puppies. They are the product of two brown labs breeding. The white one surprised me, but I'm no expert on how DNA works. They sure are noisy and have to be treated with care. With kittens, you just throw them in a box in the closet and the mother does all the work. The puppies are just so vulnerable.

The latest saga in the Colorado City Dunn case is that the mother was arrested on misdemeanor charges. I meant to buy The Snyder Daily News yesterday, because there was a big article with a huge photo of Billie Dunn being handcuffed, taking up everything above the fold in the paper. I can't decide if I think Ms. Dunn and company are involved in Hailey's disappearance or if they're just people of questionable intelligence and morals that had this horrible thing happen to them. I'm sure if you put my life under a microscope, I might not look so savory. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.