Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

They call it stuffing for a reason

I mean, beyond stuffing the turkey. Or it's accurate if the turkey is me, because I have single-handedly been trying to eat what's leftover, and I'm stuffed. I think this job might be better suited to our canine Hoover. She never even looks at what's going in her mouth, just holds it open so you can pour it in, and she never gains an unsightly pound, just weight pounds. Yep, she can help me clean the fridge.

We had a houseful of friends and family. I didn't take photos of them because it seems to jinx things, or when I look back I'll think someone didn't look like they were having a good a time. There were a couple of people not present that are dear to me, and I missed them, but I sure appreciated those who came. The photo is of my front door, but everyone came in the back. It's just not as pretty.

I keep meaning to update the Kinder Morgan CO2 pipeline story, but since I have no facts, I guess now is as good as any time. I'll just tell you what I see.

Everything is all buried up now and fences have been mended with new gates. The station by the cemetery has become permanent and has been manicured with caliche and fencing, and the piping has been painted. There is another permanent station east of Camp Springs. I don't know what they are for, but the pipelines come up out of the ground and have big round valves on them. Maybe emergency shut offs, maybe they move stuff in and out of the pipes. You oilfield folk probably know the purpose.

We're in the thick of cotton stripping season. This is the time of year you see the big machines scouring the fields, even at night. Funny to get a feeling of holiday just from seeing lights filling the cotton fields after dark. But I do. That's when I know summer is truly over in Texas.

Big winds today. That oughta make cleaning the chicken coop fun.Or walking, opening car doors and seeing. It's really whistling through the house and beating on the siding. Dang, this is my first day off in a long time and I had planned on doing a lot of stuff outside. I guess I'll just pay bills online go to the movies. Maybe all the junk in the yard will just blow away and I won't have to clean it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.