Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Venus Moon


My photo of the moon and Venus is not as fancy as Johnny Horne's, but I captured the gist of what was going on.

I got a call around 6:35 a.m. to go outside and see the moon with a planet next to it. It was remarkable, and much clearer than what this picture depicts. The sky was perfectly clear and the sun was about to rise, so the horizon was dark orange, gradually fading to dark blue, then to black.

Without city lights or clouds, we have a perfect view of the night sky. The Milky Way is sometimes so thick, it seems like we're in the midst of it. For all I know, we could be, I'm no expert on astronomical information.

If you would like to find out more about astronomy, you can check out the West Texas Astronomers Club in Midland, the University of Texas Astronomy Program, and the McDonald Observatory website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.