Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Eggs & Steak Fingers


We celebrated Easter with a Country Basket at Dairy Queen for lunch and egg coloring later this afternoon. I heard people saying they weren't going to hunt eggs because the weather was supposed to be bad, but it turned out to be a nice, cool afternoon, good for getting things done like cutting that last bit of wood for the season and weed-eating and such. Oh, and also good for a three hour nap. That was my favorite part.

Dad talked to George Gantt this week. George is doing better after having open heart surgery and going a round with pneumonia.

No matter how many "notes to self" I make, I keep forgetting to have my camera handy. I wanted a photo at the Dairy Queen, and I also wanted a picture of the pretty redbird on my back porch eating cat food this morning, but I didn't get either one. So here is a photo of our new spring kitties with their mother, Trixie. I guess I can cancel that appointment for getting her spayed next Wednesday.

Here's this week's headlines for the Rotan Advance / Roby Star Record:
  • Suspected drug dealer dies from apparently ingesting drugs
  • Roby student injured riding dirt bike (photo)
  • Roby School Board hires all personnel, approves plans from CADCO engineers
  • Commissioners Court enacts burn ban
  • Roby United Methodist Easter celebrations schedule
  • Easter Cantata at FBC
  • Yeats Pecan Farm sunrise service
  • Run off election set for April 8
  • Rotan ISD holding election on May 20
  • Obituaries for Georgie Lynn, Merrie Elaine King, Henry Earl Martin, Sr. and Guadalupe "Mom" Almanza
  • News Briefs: Fisher County Democratic Convention; Hospice of the Big Country training; Sagerton Hee Haw; Siren testing
  • Fisher County Sheriff's report
  • 2 area students named to HSU Dean's List (photo)
  • Rotan City Council discusses pool and city camp site
  • Recipe Corner: Clay's Tender 'n Tangy Ribs
  • Fisher County Roundup by Joy Walker
  • Fisher County School menus
  • Notice of impoundment and sale of stray
  • Birth announcement for Joanna Tiffany Robertson (photo)
  • 4 Lions selected 14-A All District (photos)
  • Agricultural conference set for March 26 in Snyder
  • Easter Blessing page
  • Hammers fall 10-1 to talented Ira
Hobbs neighbor Bettie Reep Etheredge, better known as Roxie, died last Sunday and was buried in Hobbs Cemetery on Wednesday. One time I had asked George Maule about something called Red Top or Round Top that I had seen on an old Hobbs calendar, and he told me to go talk to Roxie because she knew everything from way back when around here. I kept meaning to go meet her, but I never did.

About Earl, we ended taking him back to his original owners. I don't think Sue is too sad about it, she seems to like being top dog around here. We're starting to realize that Hank got the blame for a lot of things that Sue was doing. I guess that's why I can't be without my family. I'll realize I'm the one that keeps losing the scissors.

Have a good week! Oh, and take a look at The Old Farmer's Almanac Astronomy Center. This is an interesting and easy to maneuver site. All of it, not just the astronomy. It's one of my favorites, I'm signed up for the newsletter. Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.