Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Rotan Centennial

Hey, you still have time to celebrate Rotan's 100th year! It's goin' on today, and let me tell ya, it's a heck of a deal. We were there early this morning to work our time in the school booth, and the streets were filled up with people. The parade at 10 a.m. was pretty spectacular. There's lots of food and things to buy, I really liked the metal things just as you pull into town from the south on 70. There are benches, trellises, stars, suns, ducks kissing, just all kinds of stressed metal objects that are very desirable to own. Oh, and my favorite little Country Store is open today, down in the old bank building.

Be sure to go by the booth on the west side of the Newspaper Office (also open). They're selling water balloons, and as hot as it already was at 10:30 a.m., the balloons will be all the rage. I'll try to post photos tomorrow, I've been having connection problems, so, no promises.

Go celebrate!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Leslie, I had a great time at the Rotan Centennial and I hope every one else did too! I took some pictures all day and they are on the forum if anyone is interested. thanks,
    Ricky

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be moderated.