Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2007

School's Out for Summer

Old Hobbs School Outbuilding


School is officially out and most of the graduations are done with. It's hard to believe my oldest was graduating at this time one year ago. Time sure does fly, I can still remember when he had blonde ringlets and was wearing a little sailor suit. I'm sure he would be pleased to know that I mentioned that. Maybe I'll post the photo and really make him happy.

I know you'll be surprised that I'm actually going to do a paper update. I've dropped the ball, I know, but maybe I can make good from here.

Rotan Advance / Roby Star Record, May 17, 2007 issue:

  • Voting Results from May 12 Elections, Jerry Marshall still Holding Title of Mayor in Rotan; Eli Sepeda new Mayor of Roby (photos)
  • Commissioners Court Minutes - This one is a good read, a bit of turmoil over Bank Bid Award
  • Big Country Electric Gives Weather Radio to Hobbs Alternative School (photo of Linda Posey and Ernest Munoz)
  • Rotan Economic Development Meeting Minutes, John's Hamburgers is Purchased by Bidder
  • 2007 Western Swing Festival starting June 5th in Snyder (ad grant by Texas Yes!)
  • Fisher County 4-H District Round-Up (photos)
  • Rotan City Council Meeting Minutes, TxDot to rework downtown light; Pat Boone hired as Pool Manager
  • Roby CISD Special Board Meeting Minutes, Level III Complaint heard in Closed Session
  • Rotan Centennial Meeting Minutes
  • Haley Dunn signs with Cameron Aggies
  • Sheriff's Sale June 5
  • Obituaries for Norma Cummins (photo), Felix Galan and Izax Boren
  • Fisher County Round-Up by Joy Walker
  • Recipe Corner: Honey Mustard Chicken
  • Spring Sports Articles and Photos of Local School Athletes
  • Dr. Dale Rollins Conducts Tour of Rolling Plains Quail Research Ranch (photos)

Have a good Memorial Day Weekend and drive safely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.