Pages

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Hobbs Reunion Sunday

Hobbs Reunion, October 21, 2006I heard that the reunion was a big success. Dad said that there were 300 or 400 people there and I was amazed at that number. Very amazed, but he said the reunions have been bigger than that. I might set up a hot dog stand outside the next one and make some pin money! I hope to get some statistics and such to report later as to how many really were there, and if any of you have photos and stories to share, please email me and we'll figure out a way to get them on this website.

I am sorry to have missed everyone this weekend. I wanted to look at Don Cave's annuals and have him tell me about the good ol' days, but sometimes life makes schedules without your notice. I attended the funeral of family member Jerri Morgan in Nolan, Texas. Harold Roberts was in attendance along with many others. He has been a long-time friend of the Morgan family. It was a lovely service and Brother Vic presented an inspirational service. Jerri will be well remembered.

I have not been to Nolan since last Thanksgiving and I was amazed at the immense wind turbine field out there. They're as thick as trees and just as close. You could hear them turning throughout the funeral. It was surreal.

Next post will have last week's newspaper highlights and Hobbs Reunion details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated.